The WARA Concept
We hold a series of Online Competitions (art rodeos) throughout the year where artists compete (just like rodeos, only with finished works of art).
Points are accumulated at each art rodeo and posted in the World Standings. (Sounds like the PRCA, right?)
At the end of the Go Rounds, the top points earners are invited to compete for the title of World Champion at the World Finals.
World Champions receive the title of World Champion Artist, a WARA Championship Buckle, Prizes and recognition.
The Western Art Rodeo Association offers unparalleled promotion to Western Artists through a competition format, videos, social media marketing, live events, and more!
What is an Art Rodeo?
An Art Rodeo is an Online Art Competition where completed works of Western Art are displayed, promoted and judged based on the principles of fine art.
How does an Art Rodeo work?
- During each event entry period, WARA Members will submit a entry fee, then upload entries to the competition.
- WARA Directors will rank each entry from 1-10 based on Fine Art Principles.
- WARA Director Rankings (average of all) will determine the Top pieces in each event.
- The Top entries ranked by the WARA Art Directors will be in “The Rodeo”.
- “The Rodeo” will be published online during the following month for public voting and promotion.
- WARA Judges will award places 1-10 from the pieces that make “The Rodeo” and Award Placing Points
- Points earned in each competition are posted in the World Standings
- The Top Points earners in the World Standings are invited to enter the World Finals event at the end of the competition circuit.
How many Art Rodeos per year?
No Art Rodeos are Scheduled for 2020. We may resume in 2021 if we have enough interest from Western Artists.