Thank You for Considering being a WARA Judge
WARA Judging in a Nutshell
- Members upload images of completed works of art into the contest
- WARA Art Directors select the Top 20 Entries in each category
- The Top 20 Entries are sent to the WARA Judging Staff
- WARA Judges score each piece from 1-10 based on Fine Art Principles
- It’s EASY – TRY IT by Clicking the YELLOW BUTTON >>>>>
See How Easy It Is to Judge
Go ahead, click the button and take it for a test drive, see how easy it is.
WARA Judges Receive
- Free Premium WARA Membership
- Bio / Contact Info on WARA Judges Page
- The Opportunity to give back to Western Art and Artists
- Judging Forms are sent each month by the 5th.
- Judging Forms are due by the 10th of each month.
- Time Spent judging is typically under 20 minutes each month.
“Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.” We’ve all heard that old saying, and like most old sayings it contains truth. But not the whole truth. Centuries, millennia, of artistic creation have established standards, ideals, archetypes that define beauty. These principles are evident in masterpieces that have withstood the test of time, and they remain invaluable in defining and understanding the great art of today.
The Western Art Rodeo Association goes to great lengths to select judges who have studied and understand the timeless principles of beauty and use them to inform and enlighten the “eye of the beholder.” As a result, uniformed personal opinion plays no role in the WARA judging process. Rather, our judges apply abiding fundamentals to each work of art to determine placement in WARA competitions.
Whether we are artists, enthusiasts, or collectors, we owe our judges a great debt of gratitude for sharing their time, knowledge, and expertise. They play an important role in the betterment of western art and art education through understanding and using the ageless, established principles of artistic beauty in judging WARA events.
Jeff Wolf – firstname.lastname@example.org
Russ Larsen – email@example.com – 801.210.0479